Yin & Yang Fighting!
When these factors are significant, it leads to higher thirst, more difficulty in cooling down, and a tendency for body fluid circulation to stagnate. This gets common problems in the late summer. Most folks get very thirsty, especially for iced drinks, which further stagnates fluid circulation leading to higher thirst… a vicious cycle taking one far out of the balance they work hard for. This situation is part of a challenge known in Oriental medicine as “Yin & Yang Fighting” or a “Water & Fire Imbalance”. These problems are common often in late August and September. The symptoms may look something like this:
- High thirst, especially for iced & cold drinks.
- Difficulty cooling down.
- Queeziness or nausea.
- Gas and/or bloating.
- Excessive sweatiness or clamminess.
- Low appetite, or difficulty eating.
- Alternating feeling of hot & cold when indoors.
- Irritability combined with apathy or depression.
- Low energy, heaviness of the body.
- Possible urinary symptoms.
- Possible sleep symptoms.
If you are experiencing these symptoms or even suffering from them, we can help. Keep in mind that typically the early symptoms get worse on their own… treat early to make it easy. Late treatment is always more difficult and involves a worsening symptoms that can compromise immune systems heading into the Fall… a very bad idea.
The general rules to keep clean and clear are: